A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

And we all fall down…

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

Number of posts : 416
Character : Ianto Jones
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:45 pm

"Go home? The boss lives here." Ianto explained, grinning. "None of us have a personal life. Well, except the new girl, she's got a fiance to go home to." Ianto said this in a funny self-deprecating way, like he was quite aware of their lack of personal life, but was already so used to it, it seemed quite normal, albeit still very sad.

Ianto, not wanting to bother going downstairs every time he wanted coffee while on the Tourism shift, had a whole set of supplies and a coffee machine upstairs in the little back room of the Tourism Office. He headed there and started making two cups of coffee, one for each of them.

"It's not a problem. I have a pet pterodactyl, I can handle a doberman." Ianto answered from the little back room, where, indeed, Beau was sleeping. Ianto came back outside in a couple of minutes, holding two cups of fresh steaming coffee. He set his on the counter, and thought it was best to set the private's cup on the small coffee table beside where he was sitting. "Hope you enjoy it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ladydeadlock.livejournal.com
Suzanne
Suzanne

Number of posts : 207
Character : Ross Jenkins
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:51 pm

"But I bet you've got more of one then me." he noticed the look on the older man's face. "I've never lived outside UNIT before in my life. Not since I was born." He smiled, but it didn't really make it to his eyes.

"A pterodactyl!?! Sorry, but I find that one hard to believe." He took a sip of his Coffee, eyes widening before closing with a moan.

"How do you make that?" He took another sip, the heat of the brew burning his lips a little. "It's like heaven in a cup!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:58 pm

Ianto looked up to the ceiling, not noticing he was nodding. It wasn't a life as uneventful as before, that was true. Still, not much of one, anyway.

"I'm sorry. Quite annyoing, first time you're out of base and you're in Cardiff, of all places, hey?" Ianto asked, smiling. It seemed the private had improved his mood, which Ianto was glad for. However, Ianto broadened his gaze at Ross' disbelief in Myfanwy.

"Oh? Her name's Myfanwy, she flies around the hub..." he pointed at the floor. "And I caught her upon my joining Torchwood. With the help of the boss, of course, couldn't do it alone."

Ianto took a sip of his own coffee before replying to Ross.

"It's a gift, I guess." He shrugged. "You were born a soldier, I was born a teaboy." Ianto smirked, sipping on his coffee again.
Back to top Go down
Suzanne
Suzanne

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:05 pm

"Oh how my dad would have loved to hear you say that." He grinned. "Oh, it's very annoying, s'pesly since no one round here actually seems to know one MOD department from the other, I keep getting asked if we're trying to sort a nuclear weapons detection system problem out." he rolled his eyes.

"And I'll believe you have a pterodactyl when I see it. I don't even know if this boss you speak of is real and your not just a one man team." He joked. "So is it all underneath here then?" He gestured to the floor where Ianto had pointed. "Your little base?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:15 pm

Ianto grinned, as he knew what it was like for people to have no clue about what his job was, and what it entailed. They let them think they were "Special Ops" although Ianto didn't even know what Special Ops actually meant. Counter-terrorism? Weird-things-nobody-else-knows-how-to-handle? If the latter, then Special Ops they were.

"I would love to take you downstairs for a visit, but anyone who goes there that isn't staff gets retconned on the way up. You wouldn't remember Myfanwy anyway." Ianto said, with an apologetic smile. He looked down at where Ross was pointing, and nodded. "That's us. Five of us. The boss, the teaboy-" Ianto pointed at himself "-the computer tech, the doctor, and the police liaison."

He considered what he'd just said, and, hating being diminished as much as he did, wouldn't want to give Ross the wrong impression. "Obviously, I'm not just a teaboy. I'm General Support, which entails making coffee." He rolled his eyes. "and I do field work, now."
Back to top Go down
Suzanne
Suzanne

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:19 pm

"It doesn't matter to me, but I just can't believe you'd manage to contain "Myfanwy" as you call it, down there." He watched as Ianto recounted the team to him.

"Ah so your the sort of organization that chooses not to have grunts to soak up enemy fire, or do the dirty work for you then." He smiled. The added with a hint of jealously.

"It must be great to have such a close team. I'm pretty sure I only know two people at UNIT now, and I'm not talking to them anytime soon." He smiled sadly.

Last edited by Suzanne on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:25 pm

"Trust me, she's there. If you hear a squeak - that's her." Ianto said, chuckling at the private's utter disbelief in the pterodactyl, and he kept laughing at what Ross said next. "No, we're our own grunts. And we get shot a lot, too."

Ianto perceived the utter loneliness in which Ross was living at the moment, noticeable not only in his eyes, but also in the smile he faked so well, but insisted on using nonetheless. The teaboy sighed.

"Well, keep on the lookout. One of us might die soon, then you could apply. Be very persistant, that's how I got the job." He grinned.
Back to top Go down
Suzanne
Suzanne

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:35 am

"Nah I was born with UNIT, likely I'll die with UNIT." He winked at Ianto, resting his boots on the desk and relaxing a little more, shifting around until his chest became more comfortable. Taking off his beret with a small flourish, running his other hand through his hair. He winced a little with the motion, but tried not to think about his chest.

"Anyway, your survival rate doesn't sound that good." He joked, trying to think of his team. "So what about you Ianto, who are you under all this?" He gestured with his arms as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Ianto could see Ross was relaxing a bit more now, and he watched the soldier take off his red beret and run a hand through his hair with a quizzical smile. It was good that he was relaxing, Ianto didn't like confrontation unless it was absolutely necessary, and it really didn't look like it was, now. The hope that the private wouldn't leave soon ran through Ianto's mind, albeit briefly.

"Our survival rate is not the best, no. We even had a team member who commited suicide, and then was killed." Ianto joked. "I don't know if that counts for two deaths, statistically speaking, but that's what happened."
Back to top Go down
Suzanne
Suzanne

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:51 pm

"Whoa, thats interesting... are you sure you meant to tell me these things." He gave Ianto a smile. "Because I don't want you to have to shoot me because I know to much."

He carefully considered the older man. "Must be pretty rough though... I mean I know what it's like to loose someone, or a lot of people you work closely with... must be tough on you." He sipped his coffee thoughtfully. "You don't mind?" He gestured to the boots on the desk, guessing that this was Ianto's desk. "Don't want to be anymore of a pain to you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

Number of posts : 522
Character : Dr. Owen Harper
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Owen decided to run an inventory of the autopsy bay to pass the time. He noticed some syringes missing. He thought he saw Ianto down there earlier, but what would Ianto be doing with syringes?

He opened the door to the tourist office, planning on asking if Ianto had taken the syringes and why, and found Ianto drinking coffee with a someone in a UNIT uniform.

"Ian-- Oh..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rinoachan326.livejournal.com/profile
Suzanne
Suzanne

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:03 pm

Ross looked a little stunned as someone else appeared, and deemed the best thing for it, as in theory all these people were senior to him a salute may be in order. He hastily stood giving a little salute as the other man stared at him.

"Sir?" And slowly sat back down, getting the sinking feeling his new friend was in trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:05 pm

As Ianto heard Ross talking about the stupid amount of loss that came with the job, his mind lost track of things for a moment, and he thought about Lisa, something he'd been very successful at avoiding lately. The teaboy sighed and ran a hand through his face. He looked behind him, seeing Owen coming through the door. He sighed, this time with impatience.

"Something you need?" He asked, not letting any emotions come through.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:07 pm

Owen looked at the soldier, taken back a bit by the salute. He cocked his eyebrow at the man. "...Riiight."

He turned to Ianto, "Did you... take some syringes earlier? I'm missing a few..."
Back to top Go down
Suzanne
Suzanne

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:24 pm

He frowned, this was weird, shouldn't there be a few more questions then that. He looked inquiringly at Ianto. "Did you... take some syringes earlier? I'm missing a few..." Was this the doctor or the boss. He could really do with an intro here; maybe he should take responsibility. Suddenly saw a blur to his right as Beau rushed past him. Thinking that he should have noticed the distinct lack of snoring.

"BEAU NO!" The dog was already in the air, possibly thinking this man an intruder, either that or the man had food on him somewhere. The dog wouldn't bite him, he didn't think. He hoped that the man wouldn't fight, else Beau would react more then taking him down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Ianto looked at Owen like he was close to rolling his eyes.

"I left you a note." He cocked his head slightly to the left. "I take it you didn't see it?" Ianto was going to say something else, but instead he suspended his breath as Beau jumped past him onto Owen in a flash. Ianto's jaw dropped a little, the teaboy fearing the worst.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:43 pm

Owen collapsed under the weight of the dog and covered his face instinctively. If he had a better hand on the situation, he'd pull his gun and shoot the damn dog, but as it was, the dog was in control... Fortunately, it didn't seem to be too preoccupied with attack him, just sort of... being on him...
Back to top Go down
Suzanne
Suzanne

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:52 pm

"Beau." He screeched, finally having regained movement, and crossing half the room in a matter of milliseconds, he could see this was an accident waiting to happen, he knew where that tongue was heading, and Beau would be the victim. He dived, tackling the dog, giving a good screech of pain as he regretted not taking things a little slower. He rolled to take the strain of his fall, Beau yelped and leapt to his feet, stump firmly down.

Feeling a little dizzy he looked up. "Sorry?" He then gave up trying to see what the two other men were doing and rest his head back down, taking deep breaths, ignoring the burning pain in his chest and shoulder, and trying to stand, and grab Beau's lead before the dog got him in worse trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Ianto closed his eyes and sighed as Ross ran across the room and grabbed hold of Beau. This would have to hurt. When he looked back at the soldier, his suspicions were confirmed by the pale tint that was filling his face again.

"Ross." Ianto said simply, with a stern look on his face. He turned to Owen, still on the floor, and extended his hand to help him up.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:57 pm

"What the bloody hell are you--" Owen stopped short as he noticed the man start to shake. He looked over at Ianto, then back at the soldier.

"You alright, mate?" he asked, moving closer. He turned to Ianto, "We should get this guy downstairs, I should take a proper look at him." He stepped by the injured man and put his arm around him, trying to support his weight. "This way, then."
Back to top Go down
Suzanne
Suzanne

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:02 pm

"Fine, just a little battered. Don't worry…" He tried to shrug off this new man, remembering about the whole downstairs equals retcon speech he'd been given.

"Ianto" He hissed. "I believe you now okay, no Retcon please. I'd like to remember tonight…" he called to the other man, Beau seemed to have caught on, and was enjoying this game now, running between Owen and Ianto in a rather idiotic manner, taking no notice to the trouble he had caused.

Ross tried again to shrug the slightly shorter man off and make to grab the wall. "I really should stop trying to help this damn dog…"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:07 pm

Ianto opened his mouth to speak, but in truth, he had no idea what to say. The best he could manage was "Uhh... I... Uh...", and that was not helpful at all. He glanced at Owen, his eyes begging the doctor not to retcon Ross, at least not yet. He couldn't be dangerous, he was UNIT, he wouldn't go running to the press about what he'd see.

He rushed to help take Ross downstairs, anyway. As sad as it was if the soldier had to be retconned, it was worse if he had to die not to be retconned.
Back to top Go down
rinoachan326
rinoachan326

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:08 pm

"Listen, mate," Owen started, struggling as the other man tried to shrug him off, "I don't really think you're in any state to be complaining. You need to get to hospital and because of the storm, we can't really do that right now. I'm a doctor, I can help you..."
Back to top Go down
Suzanne
Suzanne

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:13 pm

"I've just p-pulled a muscle or something…" Ianto had joined, and he was taller then Ross. "not exactly life threatening." Now he was really struggling, Owen may have been shorter by an inch or two but he seemed quite strong. "Trust me it's been worse." He was snarling a bit now, feeling like he didn't really have a choice anymore.

"I don't know if you really are a doctor." He was growling. Owen it seemed was unlucky enough to be on his left hand side, and now had an elbow and a leg both headed his way leg behind elbow in front. He did have hand to hand training, and he wasn't going to go quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:17 pm

Ianto secured Ross, carefully putting the private's arm around his shoulders, and whispered in his ear: "Listen, he's a twat, but he's a good doctor. You'll be fine, now stop lying and acting tough."

This, however, didn't seem to reach Ross' brain fast enough, for he'd pulled some Kung Fu moves on Owen. Ianto pulled a palm on his own face, cursing under his breath. He had no idea whether to let go of Ross, or keep holding him in case he lost his balance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And we all fall down…   

Back to top Go down

And we all fall down…
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next