A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ladydeadlock

Number of posts : 416
Character : Ianto Jones
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Ianto snickered and looked the other way, as Jenny mentioned the wonders of Donna's ability to clear things up. Well, it certainly was as talent, that much was true.

"Yes, she is something. She cares a lot about you." He told Jenny, smiling. Nothing else would need to be said, because as Ianto had no intentions of ever harming Jenny - how could he? - Donna would never have to worry about them again. All he really wanted to do was be in Jenny's company, and exploring a whole new place with her would probably be fantastic, as well. He couldn't wait to get there, but it didn't show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ladydeadlock.livejournal.com
cassikat

Number of posts : 212
Character : Jenny
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:04 pm

"And I care a lot about her too. She's like...oh, I dunno. More than a big sister, but not quite a mother. And she's loads of fun to tease too!" Jenny giggled, the last time she'd teased Donna still fresh in her mind, and shook her head. "Especially about Dad...but I wouldn't recommend you try. Not yet, not till you know her better."

Remembering the rest of the teasing made her sigh. For everything else she was, Donna was still lonely, and Jenny wanted to fix that. She just didn't know how...but she did know where to begin. With yet another question. "Ianto, is Jack always like that? All charm and flash, hiding his real self away?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

"No, trust me, I won't try anything of the sort." Ianto reassured Jenny, thinking he would never try to tease Donna about anything, ever.

"Ianto, is Jack always like that? All charm and flash, hiding his real self away?"

Ianto smiled only slightly, and looked down as if he were absorted in memories, which he was. He'd seen the man naked and he still didn't know more about him now than when he started working there. Everybody had their secrets, but nobody could keep them hidden as well as Jack.

"I've never known him any other way, if I'm honest." Ianto finally replied, squeezing Jenny's hand as he did.
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:02 pm

"So much for that thought then." She squeezed Ianto's hand and made a wry smile. "I suppose it would've been silly anyway, to try and see if Jack would be someone Donna could have fun with." Maybe later, when they went back, something could be arranged...or had she better consult Donna first before making plans to send her off on a date?

Jenny had other things in mind they could talk about though. Like his job and how many details she could get out of him now that his boss wasn't around. "We never did get to talk more about what you do. And I know it can't be even a little pleasant, but I'd like to know more."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:31 pm

Ianto sighed. It was hard talking about his job when all he wanted was to forget that out of everyone in that TARDIS, he was the one who did the boring stuff. He'd never met new worlds, and he would've liked to.

"Well, basically, we investigate everything that comes out through the Rift, and we protect humanity from it whenever necessary. For instance, Weevils, which we hunt more often than other kinds of creatures, they bite on humans' necks, and then eat them. It's not pretty, so we usually keep them at the prison cells on our base, or we kill them... When they get really violent..."

And the gun talk would begin again any minute. Ianto couldn't help it, though, if anyone had seen a Weevil at work, they'd know it was impossible to control without a weapon. Usually weevil spray, but sometimes that wasn't nearly enough.
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:59 pm

"Usually don't get peaceful ones like me coming through then...wonder why that is? Maybe some harmonic in the Rift structure..." She trailed off, thinking about ways to discover exactly what the determinants were for getting sucked up by the Rift, but had to table it because she couldn't think of anything at present that wouldn't destabilize the Rift. And that would be bad.

It was a good thing that her dad was busy over thataway, or he might have had a fit right about then. "I don't suppose they can be reasoned with, can they? Or just not when they get that violent." Jenny sighed and shook her head. "It's a horrible thing, but sometimes there just really isn't another choice. Not when it comes to innocent lives."

She shook her head and smiled wryly at Ianto. "Maybe I should let you pick the next topic of discussion. I seem to be hitting the gloomy ones lately."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Ianto realized where Jenny was trying to get at, she was trying to make sure his killing was justified. He saw it as such, but undoubtedly there would be people who would disagree.

"These weevils, they're not very developed, they can't reason like you and me. All they want is to feed, and they're quite violent. Sometimes, there really is no choice. We do have on incarcerated, though. We call it Janet." Ianto smiled, trying to ease the mood. He squeezed Jenny's shoulder. "I don't mind talking about whatever you want to talk about. It's fine."
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:03 pm

"Strange. I wonder what their home planet is like, if they're so violent about getting their food, and so indiscriminate about what they choose as food." She would love to learn more about the origins of the Weevils and why they apparently come through the Rift in packs, but that would have to wait as it wasn't likely that Ianto would know. So much that would have to wait for later...it was enough to drive her up the wall, it was! Distraction was needed, or it was possible that she would get grumpy. Fortunately there was a ready-made one. "You named the Weevil Janet? How did you come up with that?"

Jenny smiled up at Ianto when he squeezed her shoulder, and covered his hand with hers. "Oh, but I'm monopolizing the conversation, and that's not right. You should get to pick something too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:46 am

"Nobody knows. They're not even called Weevils, we call them that. Nobody knows where they come from, only that they drop in on Earth a whole lot..." Ianto replied, becoming a tad bored with the lenght of the trip. "Oh, Janet? No idea. She was already named when I joined."

Ianto was starting to feel his conversational skills vanishing, because he felt like he was becoming boring. Plus, there was nothing he could come up with to move the conversation along.
Suddenly, he remembered something, and an amused smile began to shape itself on his face.

"There's this pterodactyl, Myfanwy. That one I named. Jack helped me catch it."
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:58 am

"Guess it's easier to call them 'Weevils' than 'those man-eating thingies'." She grinned and rested her head on his arm a moment. "Could be interesting to find out where they're from...shame I don't have my own transport anymore." Maybe she could talk to her dad about investigating the origins of the Weevils, to keep them from killing and being killed. And drat it, Ianto didn't know who named that one Janet - there's probably an interesting story there somewhere...maybe he could find it out later and tell her about it.

Jenny bounced a little and giggled as he started to tell her about their pterodactyl. "You've got your very own pterodactyl? And you named her Myfanwy? How large is she, and how long did it take to catch her?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:04 am

Ianto felt sorry for her, someone like her shouldn't be without transportation. Maybe they could get her her very own TARDIS, that would be brilliant. He giggled at Jenny's interest in the weevils as well as Myfanwy. She was really one of a kind.

"Well, she's huge, really, really huge. And it took a considerable amount of time, some falls, some bruises and a whole lot of luck, if I'm honest. Jack closed the deal, really."

He was tired of talking about himself - he wanted to know what Jenny had been up to. "And you? What have you been up to, before you fell through?"
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:20 am

"Really huge, huh? Would she fit in here?" She waved her hand in an expansive gesture, taking in the console room. "And can I meet her someday? It would be really lovely!"

Jenny shrugged and hopped up on the railing. "You mean before being chased by a howling mob?" She smiled wryly before giving him a quizzical look. "Did Dad tell you about how I came about?" Because that was really how it all began, there on Messaline. Even if she had been several other places since then, that was the start of it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:24 am

Ianto looked up and around, trying to measure the TARDIS.

"Hmmm...Probably, yeah. She wouldn't fit the door, though." He told Jenny, grinning. She wanted to meet Myfanwy. Ianto thought it would be difficult, but perhaps, if he found a good way to lure Jack out of the Hub for a few hours, Ianto could show Jenny around the Hub with no problems. "I think you could meet her, yeah. I feed her at night, before I leave."

Had the Doctor told Ianto how Jenny had been born? Well, sort of. He hadn't explained, but Ianto was smart enough to read between the lines. "Well, he sort of did, but not into detail. And I'd much rather hear the story straight from the source!" He said, with an encouraging smile.
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:39 am

"Suppose that's all to the good - I hate to think what she'd do in here." When Ianto said she could meet the pterodactyl, she flung her arms around him in an enthusiastic hug. "Oh thankyouthankyou! You won't get in trouble for it, though? I'd hate to be a problem."

Settling down a little, she nodded. "I can imagine that he skipped all the details. Well, he and Donna and Martha - who isn't here with us now - landed on this planet - Messaline. Right into the middle of a war, well, not right then, but there was still a war going on. And they got taken prisoner, and Dad got his hand shoved into a progenation machine. And it took a sample, recombined the genetics, and grew me." There was more to tell, of course, but she needed to pause and get her thoughts in order.

Last edited by cassikat on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 am

Ianto flinched as Jenny hugged him tightly again, but then a warmth filled his stomach and he was loving it. At Jenny's question about whether he'd be getting in trouble for "introducing" her to Myfanwy, Ianto sniggered, and then smirked mischievously. "I have my ways, don't worry about it."

Ianto listened attentively to Jenny's history, and by the end he was half suspicious, half amused.

"They grew you? Must have been quite the progenation machine." She didn't look like someone else's DNA recombined. Then again, didn't we all? That was what every human being was: mixed DNA, rearranged, made to look like someone else's someone else.

This conversation was bringing out his philosophical side, and that wasn't always pleasant. Ianto realized Jenny hadn't finished, so he returned his full attention to her, again.
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:58 am

And there he went, flinching again. Well, at least he didn't pull away and that's good. She giggled when he smirked, and nodded. "All right, I won't worry. And I'm looking forward to meeting her."

Right, on with the story. "It was quite the machine. It's how the warring colonists - humans and Hath - got new soldiers; sample in the progenation machine and grow the new soldiers very quickly. Complete with tactics, history and skills downloaded into their heads." And that right there is why she didn't have as much trouble with guns as her dad. "Practically my first action after stepping out of the machine was to fight in a skirmish. Disturbed Dad quite a lot, and it took him a while - and lots of talking from Donna - for him to start to accept me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:00 am

The TARDIS lurched quite suddenly and violently to a halt, sending the Doctor (once again) sprawling to the floor. He bounced right back up, though, smiling as he did.

"Cerus 3 Leisure Worlds, planet Calaxia, right at the base of the Crystal Ranges. Perfect landing!" he declared cheerily, before turning around to see what had happened to his motley crew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:35 am

The TARDIS lurched, catching Donna a little off-guard. Gravity's pull was stronger than Donna's somewhat relaxed grip on the rail and she was thrown to the floor. It wasn't anything new but it annoyed her, never the less. She was more annoyed with herself for not paying attention, though.

"Cerus 3 Leisure Worlds, planet Calaxia, right at the base of the Crystal Ranges. Perfect landing!"

Donna slowly got to her feet and looked over at the Doctor. "Oh, yeah, perfect," she mocked, trying to keep a straight face and failing as a grin slid over her lips. "Where to first?" she asked eagerly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistojen.livejournal.com
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 am

Ianto had sort of landed on all fours when the TARDIS came to a halt, but he quickly regained his composure, and it didn't seem like anyone had noticed. Trying not to laugh at the Doctor's definition of a "perfect landing", Ianto approached him and Donna, although he wouldn't try to impose his opinions regarding where they should go first - he'd let the time&space travellers lead the way for now.
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:07 pm

When the TARDIS lurched to a landing, it threw Jenny off the rail she'd been perched on and sent her staggering in a desperate attempt to keep her feet. It failed, of course, but she couldn't help but laugh in sheer delight from the floor. And a little, it must be confessed, at her dad's idea of a perfect landing.

Down to giggles now, she scrambled to her feet and beamed at everyone. "Oh that was fun! Where do we go first?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:20 pm

Donna felt a bit badly for Ianto - embarrassed for him - as he was obviously unfamiliar with the way in which the TARDIS 'rode' and landed. It was always rough, always. He'd landed on all fours, but unlike she, Jenny, and the Doctor, he'd jumped immediately to his feet, trying to regain composure before anyone noticed. He'd learn that it was best to just laugh it off like the rest of them, because that sort of quick reaction only more easily called attention to the landing itself.

She gave him a small smile as he approached them.

"Oh that was fun! Where do we go first?"

Donna had to laugh. Jenny was just a bright ball of energy, it seemed. "It stops being fun once your bum starts getting bruises," she advised. "Are we all going together, then? I thought perhaps the Doctor could show me 'round a bit and you two...well," Donna said, pausing and shrugging at them. "Suppose you've probably already got plans, haven't you? 's why he's come along in the first place, yeah?" she asked with a knowing smirk.
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:22 pm

"Oh, never!" She giggled and walked over to Ianto, to give him a curious look-over. "All right there?" She turned to face Donna again and rolled her eyes, barely refraining from sticking her tongue out. "I'd rather thought we could all start off together, take advantage of Dad knowing about this place, then branch off later." Ianto got another inquisitive look as she finished speaking, a silent query asking if that revised plan was all right with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:26 pm

Ianto nodded at Jenny, showing her he agreed with her plan. Actually, he was rather relieved that he wouldn't be all alone with her in an unknown world for the first ten to fifteen minutes - they could easily get into trouble.

"I can't wait, though." He said, almost excited.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Donna looked back and forth between Ianto and Jenny

"I'd rather thought we could all start off together, take advantage of Dad knowing about this place, then branch off later."

The two of them seemed to be having a silent conversation through facial expressions. They didn't know each other very well, but they already could communicate without words. Donna grinned and looked over at the Doctor. "Looks like you're playing tour guide," she laughed. "All right, then, where to?"
Back to top Go down
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:58 pm

"Looks like you're playing tour guide," she laughed. "All right, then, where to?"

"Well what are we all standing around for then?" The Doctor slipped into his coat and pulled open the door. He stepped outside into the brilliant, almost blindingly so, sunshine and stretched his arms, breathing in deeply. "Ahh, smell that Calaxian air!" he exclaimed.

The air was mildly chilly, but with the sun beating down from clear skies, it was really quite pleasant. Above them, two suns were visible in a purple tinged sky and their was blue-green grass beneath their feet that stretched across wide open plains right up to the base of...

"See up there. The Calaxian Crystal Ranges," he pointed unnecessarily to the mountains, because if you hadn't noticed them, you'd have had to be blind. They seemed to shimmer in rainbow colours of light, depending on where you looked, and the light from the suns seemed to bounce and reflect back and forth in a way that made it hard to concentrate on any one place for too long.

After staring for a few moments, the Doctor turned around, putting his back to the marvellous view. "And that is the Leisure Center/Hotel Complex Number 57 Delta Ten Calaxia," he added, pointing to the giant complex that dwarfed the TARDIS that was parked in front of it. "Sixteen levels of entertainment. Something for everyone, they say!"

With that, The Doctor shoved his hands in his pockets and began an ambling stroll toward a sign that stated Guest reception and check-in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   

Back to top Go down

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next