A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
mistojen
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:30 pm

"Oh and you might want to hold on...can get a little bumpy in here."

Donna smirked a bit as she looked over at Jenny and Ianto. "He's not joking. Might want to hold on to something," she advised the two of them. "You know, other than one another," she added with a grin.

She crossed to stand across the console from the Doctor and took hold of the railings nonchalantly. "I swear to God, if this stupid TARDIS makes another unscheduled pit-stop on the way there..." she muttered to herself, making sure she was loud enough for the Doctor to hear, for the sole purpose of annoying him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistojen.livejournal.com
cassikat

Number of posts : 212
Character : Jenny
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:46 pm

For one terrifying moment, her hearts had sunk; Jack had trouble, and Ianto would go if he was needed...and she would have to let him go, because it was his job. But Jack had disclaimed any need for Ianto to go back to work, and she heaved a silent sigh of relief before hugging Ianto again. They could have fun, get to know each other even better, and worry about the far-off future when it happened.

Poor Donna though - she could have learned to put up with Jack for a while, and they probably could've had a lot of fun. She would have to make sure to do things Donna liked as well, to keep her from feeling left out. Or make Dad do fun stuff with Donna - she did want alone-time with Ianto, after all.

Jenny gave Ianto a relieved smile as the door shut, and tugged him over to the railing. Both Dad and Donna had said it was a good thing to hold on, so she thought they'd better take that advice. "How bumpy is it likely to get, Dad? And can I help any?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:48 pm

"I swear to God, if this stupid TARDIS makes another unscheduled pit-stop on the way there..."

"Better not call her names then, she can get rather touchy about that." The Doctor peered across at Donna, before flipping a few more switches and smashing something with a rubber mallet.

"Be a doll and flip that green button in front of you there, would you?" he added in response to Jenny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:53 pm

"Sure thing Dad!" Jenny smiled brightly, made sure Ianto was firmly holding the railing, and bounced to the console. So many controls and she didn't have a clue as to what they did. But there was only one green button-thing; she flipped it and grinned. "This is fantastic! Anything else?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:17 pm

The Doctor smiled at Donna. She usually helped him out these days, but it was nice to see another Timelord handle the controls.

"See the time modulator field harmonics meter on your left? It's the display with the wiggly lines and numbers off to the side. Press the red button when it hits 10,000 and then use the blue lever there to keep it steady."

Usually, he just handled that one with his foot when he needed to, but it was far simpler, not to mention less cramp-inducing, when someone else did it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Donna crinkled her nose, rolled her eyes and looked away from the Doctor. "Better not call her names then," she mimicked mockingly. "Right, because the TARDIS is clearly a woman, since it's temperamental," she muttered.

Looking over at Jenny, she noticed that not only was Jenny bouncing and excited again, but she'd left Ianto's side for the first time since he'd lowered his gun up on the roof. If she'd looked back at him, Donna hadn't seen it and that told Donna that Jenny was most definitely her father's daughter. Right at home behind the console of the TARDIS pressing buttons and pulling levers.

Donna then let her eyes meander over to Ianto. She hoped he'd heed her advice and hang on tight, or else he'd be on his bum in no time. ...on second thought, Donna could use a laugh at someone else's expense, so that might not be so terrible, so long as he didn't get hurt...
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:36 pm

It took a moment or two for her to find the right meter, and she kept an eye on it while she got ready to press the red button. "Dad? Do I just press the button, or hold it in while I use the lever?"

It was complex and beyond anything she had ever done before, but she was loving every second of it. Learning to pilot the TARDIS, even a little bit, was bringing her one step closer to being a proper Timelord. Only one tiny little step, true, but it was in her blood and she was going to keep learning and make her dad proud of her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:55 pm

"Just press it once. No need to hold it. You're doing great!" The Doctor gave Jenny a wide grin, before turning back to his own section of controls.

"We're just going into Walrus Mode and now--" The Doctor listened for something as a few warning lights flashed brightly and he flicked them off, "--the Spatial Drive is activated and we're in the Vortex."

"The Wormhole Generator and Stabilizing Devices kick in and the result is we're travelling through a wormhole in time and space. Isn't it brilliant? The field harmonics should steady themselves now. Thanks Jenny!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Jenny pressed the button, then let go. "Press once and let go, got it!" She would have grinned back, but she was a tad bit occupied watching the numbers and making fine adjustments with that blue lever. And she sighed at the rambling explanation, not having enough knowledge (yet) to understand it properly. What was 'Walrus Mode', for instance? Her Dad was definitely going to get pinned down at some point and made to explain everything properly!

"Anytime, Dad!" She laughed and let go of the lever, then bounced back to Ianto's side. "Oh, this is fantastic!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

Number of posts : 416
Character : Ianto Jones

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:19 am

Ianto watched at a distance while the Doctor and Jenny both operated the TARDIS in a very funny way. Jenny looked like she'd been born to do it, and he was smiling in her direction, not at all hurt that she wasn't paying him any attention. Still, as good as they were, the "road" sure was bumpy, and Ianto was glad he had taken Donna's advice and was holding onto something firmly, with both hands.

He still thought he would probably need to keep his head down for a few minutes after landing, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ladydeadlock.livejournal.com
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:34 pm

As Jenny bounced back to Ianto's side, Donna watched them, eyes ever-so-slightly narrowed as she reflexively did when she was really watching something, rather than simply looking at it. She'd been all for playing the big sister and helping Jenny get the initial snog, but she'd also assumed that the Doctor would put up some sort of a road block along the way.

What kind of parent was he? she found herself wondering stupidly when she full-well knew that it wasn't like he'd raised Jenny, so much as been robbed of DNA to create her. And then, of course, they'd thought she'd died, so he hadn't even spent any time with her. It was his second day being a father to her. It wasn't the Doctor's fault, really, but Donna still had that involuntary Mum Feeling running through her veins.

She cleared her throat and relaxed her facial expression, eyes on Ianto, now. Jenny might look like an adult, but this was all entirely new to her and while Ianto seemed like a nice enough bloke...he was still a bloke and Donna decided that if the Doctor wasn't going to do it, she would have to. After all, someone had to find out if the man's intentions were good, hadn't they?
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Ianto felt watched. He had to be sensitive to these things, being that his main task on the job consisted in hunting things that hid in wet, tiny dark places. He looked to his right to find Donna eyeing at him, her eyes narrow as if she was scanning him. Ianto tried for a smile, and fell between that and a grimace.

As Donna cleared her throat, and tried to dim down the suspicion in her eyes, Ianto locked eyes on her, since he could tell the suspicion was still completely there. He decided it was best to get it out of the way.

"Why... Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:51 pm

And then the young man spoke to her.

"Why... Why are you looking at me like that?"

Donna raised her eyebrows. "Lookin' at you like what?" she challenged. "Should I be looking at you a certain way?" Her tone of voice wasn't as nasty as those she sometimes used on the Doctor, nor was it as accusatory, but stern, never the less.

He was a quick one. It was almost as if he'd known she'd been looking the whole time and while she understood that Torchwood dealt with alien things, it wasn't like Ianto was in a secret service, like, for example, UNIT, although he did sort of look the part of a higher up, she had to admit. Sometimes, though, it was the quiet ones that were the most dangerous and even if she didn't really think Ianto meant Jenny any harm, if the Doctor wasn't going to step up, the job of protecting Jenny was falling into Donna's hands.

Her eyes stayed fixed on the man, expression softened, however still unwilling to budge. Now, she just had to figure a way to have a chat without Jenny hearing. The last thing she wanted was for Jenny to be upset with her for stepping in where the Doctor hadn't. Donna was certain that Jenny thought she'd dodged that particular bullet, but for as much as Donna cared for Jenny, Donna certainly wasn't going to let it be quite that simple. Not when Jenny was a complete and total novice to dating and would be unable to recognize red flags, if any should come up.
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:29 pm

Jenny peered around Ianto, rather more than a bit confused. Donna was staring at Ianto, and she didn't look as happy as she could. But surely Ianto hadn't done anything - he'd just been standing there all while she'd been helping with the TARDIS. She knew that because he had been right where she'd left him before she went to start learning.

Maybe this was more of that big-sister stuff? Since Ianto didn't have anyone to help him out either, maybe Donna was just being herself in trying to get him off to be his big sister too? It seemed sensible, at least - certainly moreso than Donna taking a sudden dislike to Ianto anyway. She was the one who gave all the good advice after all, the advice that had helped Jenny get her very first date ever. She leaned back against the rail, tucked her arm through Ianto's, and decided to just wait and see what happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 pm

Jenny was quite happy, and that should've improved Ianto's mood, but not while Donna kept looking at him like he was suddenly going to strip out of his flesh suit and come out a big bad wolf and swallow Jenny whole.

Sighing, he took Jenny's arm from his, and excused himself, walking towards Donna decidedly. He came to stand right in front of her, all the while keeping a gentle smirk on his face.

"If you're going to ask me what are my intentions, you might as well do it now." He told Donna in a light tone. Still, she could very well start screaming at him, but if she did, he was ready for it.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:51 pm

Sighing, he took Jenny's arm from his, and excused himself, walking towards Donna decidedly.

Donna narrowed her eyes slightly again. Cheeky little git... she found herself thinking and, somewhere in the back of her mind where she could easily choose to ignore it, she thought that he was pretty damn brave, as well.

"If you're going to ask me what are my intentions, you might as well do it now."

Now, she had two choices. Own up to it and wait to hear what the man had to say and sniff it out for bullshit later or...

"I'm just lookin' at you, boy," she told him, crossing her arms over her chest. "She's not my kid," she added for good measure.

Donna's eyes drifted over his shoulder at Jenny. Did she really want to risk ruining this whole thing for the girl just out of a sneaking suspicion? Was that fair?

Letting out a sigh, Donna dropped her arms back to her sides and looked Ianto in the eye again. "Right, then," she said, dropping the ruse entirely. "What's the agenda? I know what she likes about you, but, I don't know what you like about her and you should be careful what you say, I'll warn you now. She might not be mine, but she might as well be for all the effort I had to put into the Doctor accepting her as his own when we first met," she told him.
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:15 pm

"Boy?" Ianto sniggered, amused. "Hardly a boy, Donna. Not an inconsistent teenager, either."

As Donna looked at Jenny, so did Ianto, reflexively, and smiled at her nervously. He was amused at Donna's instinctive protection over Jenny, and he liked that Jenny had such good people around her, too, but he was certain that if he didn't win Donna over soon, she would eventually throw him out of the TARDIS, wherever they might be.

"Right, so you want a list of things I like about Jenny? Isn't that a bit high school?" Ianto faked offense at the "agenda" bit. "Agenda? I have no agenda, what agenda would I have in mind? Do enlighten me."
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:28 pm

Donna narrowed her eyes again. "All right, don't get cute with me," she snapped, poking him in the chest once for each word. She crossed her arms over her chest. "I don't want a list and you know it," she added, that irritated tone she often took with the Doctor coming out reflexively. "We both know Jenny's gorgeous. I can't fault you for being attracted to her and I'm not going to pretend I can."

She paused, her eyes flickering over to the Doctor who seemed far too invested in navigating the TARDIS in whatever direction he needed it to go to have noticed anything. Donna looked back at Ianto.

"And I think you also know what I mean when I say 'agenda.' Your cute tone of voice and pretty little face might work on other people, but you're just a kid as far as I'm concerned, so it's not working on me. Just be straight with me, Ianto," she finally said quite seriously and a little less biting. "Jenny's literally a child, so to speak, when it comes to all this and if you're just wanting to be in it for the physical side, you're not only going to be disappointed by inexperience on her part, but I'll chuck you outside this thing so fast you won't know what hit you until you've been left behind in space and time."

Taking another deep breath, Donna reached over and brushed some dust off Ianto's shoulder that had probably fallen from the ceiling of the TARDIS when it got off to its usual, bumpy start. She softened her expression. "I really want to like you, Ianto," she admitted. "But...you have to understand where I'm coming from. I mean, can you?" she asked.

Donna's eyes strayed over to Jenny again and lingered there just a moment before she frowned slightly and looked back at Ianto. "Humor me, will you?" she asked, a little exasperated.

Jesus, this is why I'll never be a mum... she thought to herself bitterly. If I feel like this now, imagine if Jenny was mine...
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:40 pm

"We both know Jenny's gorgeous. I can't fault you for being attracted to her and I'm not going to pretend I can."

"Yes, and I admit that I, as every other human being (and possibly other species), was first attracted to Jenny's looks. It's the first thing one notices about another." Ianto explained calm and collected as ever. Donna continued...

"Jenny's literally a child, so to speak, when it comes to all this and if you're just wanting to be in it for the physical side, you're not only going to be disappointed by inexperience on her part, but I'll chuck you outside this thing so fast you won't know what hit you until you've been left behind in space and time."

Ianto couldn't say he was surprised, he'd antecipated this threath himself. He smiled at Donna, reassuringly.

"We got to talking, she asked me what I like to do, and I told her, she kissed me - and I loved it - and I invited her for dinner and a movie because that, to me, is the best way to spend an evening. I want nothing more than to sit in front of her at dinner, and sit by her side while we watch the said movie, because I promised her, I owe her this. And that is all there is to say. I don't have to defend myself from something I haven't done, nor have I any intention of doing. And I am aware of Jenny's "special" circumstances, too." Ianto placed a comforting hand on Donna's shoulder. "I won't do anything that might hurt or endanger Jenny. Don't worry, I'm a man of my word."
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Donna furrowed her brow slightly after hearing out Ianto's response. It sounded sincere, but then again, wouldn't he want to sound as sincere as possible in order to get her approval? Oh, this was completely pointless. Donna was clearly a horrible judge of people, if Lance had been anything to go by.

Letting out a sigh, Donna gave a small involuntary smile and reached over to cup Ianto's face. "I have to take your word then and I just want to say...if you make me regret it, this adorable face won't be so adorable when I'm done, get me?" she asked only half-joking before dropping her hand away and giving him a gentle shove backward. "Go on, then. We could be in here for a while. Might as well keep her company, but I've got my eye on you, you know," she warned. "At least until you've been around a bit longer and I trust you." She paused. "I've got trust issues, you see, so it could be a while," she added.

Her eyes flickered to Jenny's curious face once again and then back to Ianto's. "Right, then, go on, like I said. But, behave yourselves, yeah?" she asked. "And be gentle with her," she added quickly. "You said yourself that you know her special circumstances, so you know that pretty much everything is new to her."

Donna's voice was even-toned and softer. She didn't want to scare Ianto away from Jenny completely, especially since the poor bloke would have nowhere to go, but she also didn't want him getting fresh with Jenny too soon, because she was certain Jenny wouldn't really know what to do with it and Donna was most certainly not ready to give that talk to Jenny, yet.
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:57 pm

Ianto kept nodding as Donna spoke, actually listening to her, polite as ever, understanding even her reasons for being so protective.

"You said yourself that you know her special circumstances, so you know that pretty much everything is new to her."

Ianto involuntarily let out a sigh, glanced at Jenny and then back at Donna, with a dreamy smile on his face.

"It's exactly that the reason why I'm so drawn to her. She hasn't lived, she isn't carved on by time, she doesn't have issues..." Ianto said, shaping the quotation marks with his fingers, while he winked at Donna. "...And I would never do anything to change that. Have you seen the energy and enthusiasm she puts into everything she does? It's mindblowing." Ianto finished, hoping this time Donna could be assured he had nothing but good intentions towards Jenny. Seeing as she was the one who kissed him, how could anyone even think that? He thought, chuckling.

He walked back to where Jenny was standing, turning around once more to wink at Donna again.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:01 pm

Donna smirked back at him.

"Still got it," she said quietly to herself. He'd ended up telling her exactly the things about Jenny that he was drawn toward and that was precisely what she'd wanted to hear in the first place. The fact that he was physically attracted to her was beside the point, because Donna would've thought him stupid - or gay - if he hadn't been. All Donna had wanted was to know that there was something else he saw in her and without meaning to, she thought, he'd just given her the very list of reasons that he'd mocked.

She smiled to herself as Ianto approached Jenny and she turned back to watch the Doctor navigate his way through time and space. Ianto was off the hook, but Donna wasn't going to let him know that...
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:16 pm

Curious -and- worried was what she was, and she had very nearly gone over to interrupt Ianto and Donna to find out just what they were talking about. She wasn't at all sure, but it didn't look like the usual sort of big sister talk she got from Donna. Maybe it was different, when it was big sister talk to a man?

Jenny tried to stop looking concerned when Ianto rejoined her, but wasn't sure how successful she was. She twined her arm back around his and leaned against him, then asked. "Sooo, what was all that about?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:44 pm

Ianto pondered whether to spill the beans and tell Jenny exactly what Donna had said or not, and he decided not to tell everything. The last thing he'd want would be to cause friction between the two.

"Oh, nothing much, she was just clarifying some notions with me." Ianto answered, smiling. He hoped that was enough, just for once, for the curious mind in front of him. "Not to worry."
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:55 pm

So it was just a different version of the kind of chats she'd have with Donna! And that explained the sometimes upset expressions, too; clarifying things wasn't always pleasant, as she'd seen back in her very first day of existence, back in that cell. She felt quite relieved, and resolved to do something very nice for Donna very soon now. Find a special spa or something in the Calaxian Crystal Ranges maybe? Or was that just devoted to skiing and they'd have to relocate to somewhere else for something different? She would just have to wait till they got there, since Dad was too busy to ask, and just keep the plan in mind till then.

Jenny grinned at Ianto and bounced, just a little. "Donna's brilliant at making things clearer. I'm glad she's not just keeping that talent to me and Dad."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   

Back to top Go down

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next