A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
cassikat
cassikat

Number of posts : 212
Character : Jenny
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:42 pm

"Yes, I do know." Jenny grinned, then raised an eyebrow rather like her father would. "So why don't you go after Captain Jack? He's cute enough, if you like that sort." Since she'd pretty much picked out what she was going to wear, she sighed and leaned against Donna.

"I really don't know where, he just promised that he would take me out. I guess I'll have to wait and find out from him later."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Donna wrapped an arm around Jenny's shoulders. "Because, Jenny, Captain I'm-So-Charming grates my nerves a bit, honestly," she replied casually, grinning and winking.

"You ought to pick something and I'll step outside so you can change and then we should get back out there. Don't need your dad scaring away the pretty new face, now, do we?" she said, stepping away from Jenny and starting toward the hallway again. Slowly, she turned back. "And Jenny? Take down your ponytail. Long hair is a weakness in men. They bloody love it. Trust me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistojen.livejournal.com
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:57 pm

"Well, he grates on Dad's nerves some too I guess. You should've heard him when Jack introduced himself to me!" She giggled and shook her head. "All that charm into just saying 'hello'...no wonder Dad squawked."

Jenny squeaked when Donna mentioned that Dad might chase Ianto off, and dropped her clothes. "Right, right, I'll get changed right away! Won't be a minute!" Well, two, what with having to strip completely down and all, but she had already taken off her shirt when Donna turned back again. "Men like long hair? Is that why you always leave yours down?" She changed clothes in record time, for a female, and toyed with the band holding her hair back. "Guess we'd better get back then. I don't want Dad chasing Ianto away."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:13 pm

Donna grinned. "I don't always wear it down. Just when I'm lazy, really. And who've I got to impress? The Doctor is the only one I see...and, just...no," she said flatly, though the amusement in her eyes betrayed it slightly. "Come on then," she said, making her way fully into the hallway and starting back toward the main room in the TARDIS. For Jenny's sake, Donna certainly hoped the Doctor hadn't frightened Ianto away by the time the two women returned...
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:21 pm

"Oh, I know you said you and Dad weren't together like that. But that was then, and then was months ago for me...and look at you! Still wearing your hair down!" Even if she had been able to keep from giggling through that last sentance, Donna would have known she was being teased just by the impish smirk on Jenny's face.

Deciding to experiment, she took the band out of her hair and started finger-combing it as she followed Donna. It would keep her from getting too fretful, though she couldn't refuse voicing her concerns. "I do hope Dad and Ianto are getting along. And not, y'know, fighting or anything horrid."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:29 pm

"Oi," Donna warned, pointing her first finger at Jenny and giving her a stern look before rolling her eyes playfully and giving Jenny a gentle shove. "Don't you start with me," she added jokingly.

She watched as Jenny took her hair down and started finger-combing through it. "I wish I had hair like that. All long and pretty and blond and perfect and I hate you, you know, Jenny..." Donna said airily, "just a little bit," she added with a wink.

"I do hope Dad and Ianto are getting along. And not, y'know, fighting or anything horrid."

Donna grinned. "I'm sure they're fine. Don't worry about your good ol' dad; I'll take care of him. You just go get your new man, yeah?" she asked, lowering her voice as the two women made their way into the main part of the TARDIS.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:43 pm

"Did you ever think about it though?" She laughed and bumped shoulders with Donna, shaking her head. "All right, I'll stop. But it's fun to tease, you know."

"You like my hair?" Jenny was confused, but a bit distracted by a tangle she had to get unknotted. "I wish my hair was like yours - it's so red and wavy and full of life. Mine just hangs about and gets in the way if I don't keep it tied back." She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at Donna, just briefly. "Nope. Not even a little bit."

Finally claiming victory over the stubborn tangle, she nodded firmly. "Sounds like a very good plan to me." Though she might just have to keep the sad eyes-wibbly lips face in reserve, just in case Dad proved to be more stubborn than Donna thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:43 pm

"Did you ever think about it though?"

Donna rolled her eyes playfully. "I mean, yeah, of course I've thought about it, but only in passing and only because he's the only man I see most days. A girl can get lonely once in a while, you know? But it's really not like that. I think if ever the chance came up, I'd probably end up turning it down, honestly."

Jenny went on to compliment Donna's hair all the while putting down her own. Donna grinned. "The grass is always greener..." she sighed. "I'll trade you," she added, jokingly.

Donna looked over at the Doctor and Ianto. "'Ello boys. Miss us?" she asked, her voice loud and interrupting, meaning to bring the attention back to she and Jenny from whatever they'd been talking about in the women's absence.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:50 pm

"'Ello boys. Miss us?"

The Doctor turned around in his seat at an awkward-looking angle to peer at Donna and Jenny.

"Hello girls, we were just... getting to know one another," he beamed. "So what's the plan then? Leisure planets - sunsets over the Mercury Seas, skiing on The Calaxian Crystal Ranges...?" He left the thoughts hanging tantalisingly in the air.

"Oh, and Jenny, catch!" He tossed the pot of Fakarian Ointment. "Do wonders for that shoulder, trust me!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

Number of posts : 416
Character : Ianto Jones

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:55 pm

Ianto's face lighted up when Jenny emerged from wherever she'd been - he had to make an enormous effort not to smile widely.

The Doctor went on about places they should visit next, and Ianto, not knowing whether he was included in the "plan", looked at Jenny nervously, before gathering up the courage to ask:

"Are we all going...wherever it is that we're going?" He couldn't be nervous, it'd only make him look pathetic. "Because if I'm included, then I vote for the Calaxian Crystal Ranges."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ladydeadlock.livejournal.com
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:57 pm

Donna crossed her arms over her chest, looking straight at the Doctor. "Oi, aren't you going to say anything?" she asked, nodding surreptitiously at Jenny. To Donna, she looked completely different with her hair out of the ponytail and cascading over her shoulders, back, and chest. The cleaned up outfit didn't hurt, either.

"...anywhere we can relax sounds amazing to me, by the way," she added without changing her cross tone or dropping her arms to her sides again.

It didn't occur to her to look to Ianto to see if he'd noticed, because it was clear that he had. Donna raised her eyebrows expectantly at the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:01 pm

First thing in, and her dad was tossing things at her. She caught the jar easily, then beamed at him. "Oooh, thanks! This'll be brilliant!" She opened the jar and scooped up a healthy glob, then slid her hand under her shirt to slather the goo all over her sore shoulder. Hugging her dad and Ianto could wait a few minutes, and it would be all the better if her shoulder didn't hurt during the hugs.

And now, hugs all around with dazzling smiles. Ending up with Ianto of course, and she left her arm slung around him afterwards. Not wanting to give her dad time to say 'no', she chimed in immediately after Ianto's comment. "Sounds brilliant to me! Calaxian Crystal Ranges for all of us then, Dad?" And he'd better not say no and make her pull out the sad-eyes-wibbly-lips face, either!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:06 pm

It wasn't until Jenny had hugged him that Ianto could take in the actual magnitude of Jenny's beauty at that moment. His eyes were full of it, by now, and he felt only a little happier when she let her arm around him.

As Jenny agreed with Ianto in his destination choice, he found it brilliant, but there was only one other thing to confirm.

"Doctor? Are there any good restaurants in the Calaxian Crystal Ranges?" He asked innocently, hoping to heavens the Doctor didn't make the connection right away.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 pm

"Oi, aren't you going to say anything?"

At Donna's meaningful look, The Doctor turned back to Jenny to have another look. "That T-shirt is a lovely colour on you... very nice," he commented in her ear as she hugged him.

He gave Donna a wink as Jenny moved on to hugging Ianto and slung an arm around the man's shoulders. Honestly, The Doctor was beginning to think he may have a problem saying no to Jenny. He'd have to work on that in the future, but at the moment, he didn't truly mind. If she wanted to go to the Calaxian Crystal Ranges, then the Calaxian Crystal Ranges is where they would go.

"Right then, Cerus 3 Leisure worlds it is. Calaxian Crystal Ranges next stop. Anyone wishing to remain in Cardiff, please exit by the main blue door before space travel commences," he continued with a cheeky grin, already spinning dials and checking gauges with a sudden flurry of energy.

He answered Ianto as an afterthought. "They're Leisure worlds... loads of restaurants. More food than you could ever eat in a lifetime, breakfast, lunch and dinner... well," he pulled unconciously at his earlobe as he thought, "I did once hear of a Garglegian Slugman, who ate all the... but that's beside the point. Loads of restaurants."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:50 pm

Donna grinned. The Doctor was going to take all interested parties? That was something new. She wondered just how long it would take the Doctor to notice the mutual interest blooming between Jenny and Ianto and what his reaction to that would be when he finally saw it.

And Ianto, the cheeky fellow, was asking about restaurants in the leisure worlds. If the Doctor didn't notice it then, would he ever? What would it take? Would Ianto have to snog Jenny right there in front of the Doctor; was he really that thick? The thought made Donna giggle out loud, covering her mouth with her hands immediately to stifle it.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:11 pm

"Brilliant! Thank you Dad!" She would have to do something really grand for him to thank him for not making Ianto leave. Maybe some father daughter time when Ianto was sleeping, like all humans had to? That would do it. Probably. And it wasn't like that would be a burden - she really did want to spend more time with him. She just wanted to spend time with Ianto too.

And Ianto deserved something special too - he was already making plans to keep his promise of taking her on a date! And right under her dad's nose too - ooh, he was a brave one! Jenny grinned up at him and leaned against him with a happy sigh. "Oh, this is going to be fantastic!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Ianto grinned at the Doctor, and at Jenny, feeling more comfortable now that the Doctor wasn't screaming at him for having Jenny leaned against him, and having his own arm around her shoulders.

This was so unusual, Ianto almost didn't feel like himself. Almost. He wondered whether the Calaxian Crystal Ranges had any cinemas, theatres or even projection rooms, though. Ianto couldn't bear the thought of Jenny being disappointed, and he had promised her dinner and a movie after all.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:50 pm

"We're going to have a lot of fun! I've never been to a leisure planet before." And though she was thrilled that he'd dared to ask about restaurants, she was glad that Ianto hadn't asked about movies, cinema, or anything like that; Dad might have put everything together and had a fit about their forthcoming date. And that would be bad.

Meantime, since they weren't there yet, she was going to savor a bit of quiet time with Ianto wrapped around her. Oh all right, it was his arm around her shoulders - he was still wrapped around her and it was very cozy to just stand like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:11 pm

Ianto wanted to tell Jenny how beautiful she looked with her hair down, which wasn't to mean she wasn't beautiful with her hair up - she was beautiful in every way.

"I can't wait, really." Ianto said, to no one in particular. He was actually excited about travelling in the TARDIS, as well, not just about the date with Jenny, although the two things combined made for probably the most unique and special date Ianto would ever have in his whole life.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:16 pm

The Doctor watched as Jenny snuggled into Ianto's side. He grinned, turning his back to the young couple in preference for fiddling with controls and dials of the TARDIS - flipping a few switches aimlessly.

Everything was set, all systems go, really, but he didn't want Jenny to see the tiny grin on his face. Ah, young love. Possibly first love. He remembered that, long ago when Gallifrey was still home and a week still felt like a lifetime.

It was true, The Doctor normally didn't take on board any riffraff, but this was one man, gun-happy or not, he figured he should get to know. And, he'd probably need to find a time for a talk soon with Jenny. Father to daughter. Timelord to Timelord. That was going to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
everlasting
everlasting

Number of posts : 198
Character : Capt. Jack Harkness
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:15 pm

(ooc: *ahem* here I am, sorry...)

Of course the call had come on the way back to the TARDIS, because Jack's luck lately was running just along those lines. He'd excused himself to answer it, and was now coming up with a lot of very colorful, and not all Earth-originated, curses for badly-timed potential disasters. In his head. He wasn't saying them aloud. Not 'til he got back to the Hub, anyway, and got back on the line with the (utterly incompetent) head of internal security for a large, impressive office building which Jack had yet to care enough to figure out the exact purpose of. Then he would put some of those to use.

For the time being, he knocked on the TARDIS's door, from the outside, intending to inform the Doctor and assorted others (including Ianto) that he wouldn't be able to go with them, as 'something had come up'. Responsibility. It had its perks, but above all else, it was still a trap.

(He could have just gone inside, yeah. He still had his key. But it was iffy how comfortable anyone else would have been with him using it.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Ianto's face filled itself with dread upon Jack's announcement, and as he swallowed hard, he decided to open the door and speak to Jack.

"Sir? Am I necessary at all?" He asked, fearfully, because if Jack said yes, then it was bye-bye to the Calaxian Crystal Ranges, to space travel, and, worst of all, to Jenny. He involuntarily tightened his arm around her shoulders, because he really, really did not want to go to work, but if he had to, he couldn't skip it.
Back to top Go down
everlasting
everlasting

Number of posts : 198
Character : Capt. Jack Harkness
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:30 pm

Noting Ianto's expression, and.. well, he wasn't blind or stupid, Jack shook his head. "Shouldn't. Go have fun." He grinned. "Looks like there won't be too much trouble - and if there is, it'll get handled." No reason other people couldn't go traveling and having fun just because he was tethered to planet Earth on what felt, suddenly, like a very short lead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:25 pm

Donna watched the exchange between Jack and Ianto. Jack wasn't going to come. Part of Donna was glad, but another part was not - now she really would have to live vicariously through Jenny, as there was no way she was going to have a companion other than the Doctor, now. Not that it mattered, really, because she wasn't thinking about taking Jack up on his charms if he'd come along...much.

With a gentle sigh, Donna looked over at the Doctor. Surely, he'd have some sort of response to the abandonment, or at the very least, could give her some sort of lead to follow in either begging Jack to stay or wishing him farewell and good luck.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:18 pm

The Doctor listened as Jack gave permission for Ianto come with them. If things went to plan, Ianto could be back not five minutes from now and helping Jack out anyway.

"Shame you can't come, Jack. Be like old times, but I'll get your sidekick here back before you know it," he called out, winking at Jack, before the door shut tight leaving Jack in Cardiff.

"Alright then, let's get this party started," he beamed to the others.

He hit a few more buttons, pulled a large lever and suddenly there was a flurry of activity as various dials glowed, things rattled and shook and a loud repetitive whooshing noise filled the room.

"Oh and you might want to hold on...can get a little bumpy in here."

Outside, the TARDIS slowly pulsed in and out of existence in time with the whooshing noise, until it vanished altogether.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   

Back to top Go down

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next