A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:35 pm

"You're really fancying that Midnight Tour, eh?" she joked. "Anything sounds good to me; you're the one who's been here before. Lead the way."

The Doctor turned to walk to the elevator when Donna stopped him. "Actually, we best find the lovebirds, first, yeah?" she asked, giving him a playful poke in the side.

The Doctor gave a little "oof" at the poke, then grinned. "Yeah, we should." He spoke to his hand sticker. "Communications connection to Jenny Smith. Hey, we're heading to The Purple Cube on the top floor for dinner if you'd like to join us? Great view from the windows... and there's a tour of the Crystal Ranges leaving at Midnight we could take in."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cassikat

Number of posts : 212
Character : Jenny
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Ooh, that was neat - the sticker buzzed just a little when there was an incoming call. She grinned at Ianto, the location of Dad and Donna now a known quantity, and replied. "The Purple Cube, huh? Sounds nice...especially the tour later. I'll let you two know if we're going to eat there though."

She covered the sticker with her hand and looked at Ianto. "Well? Top floor with a fantastic view and a midnight tour later? Or do you want to go somewhere else?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

Number of posts : 416
Character : Ianto Jones

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Ianto grinned. Well, of course, under different circumstances he'd prefer to have dinner just with Jenny and nobody else, but it wouldn't hurt to try and get in the Doctor's good graces.

"Let's go to the Purple Cube. We can always take a walk alone later, if you'd like." He said, holding Jenny's hand again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ladydeadlock.livejournal.com
mistojen
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:17 pm

"The Purple Cube, huh? Sounds nice...especially the tour later. I'll let you two know if we're going to eat there though."

Jenny's voice came through the Doctor's hand and Donna snorted out a laugh, quickly trying to play it off as a cough. The smirk she was unable to hide, however, betrayed her ruse and she looked sheepishly over at the Doctor before bursting out into a fit of laughter. "Oh, that daughter of yours, Doctor...she learns quickly," she managed between giggles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistojen.livejournal.com
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:25 pm

She giggled and bounced, then twined her fingers through Ianto's as they started for the lift. "Wonderful! And we can go for a walk...or take that midnight tour....or any number of things." She lifted her hand to tell her dad that they'd be joining Donna and him, but the link was closed. Covering it like that must shut off the link...or else she did something else weird to it on accident. Oh well, she'll just call Donna instead.

"Communications connection to Donna Noble. Donna? See if you and Dad can land a table for four, yeah? Ianto and I have decided to join you two for dinner."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:31 pm

They had to go on that horrible lift again...Ianto sighed, thinking the only good thing about all this was Jenny's company. He really did hate all the bright lights.

Suddenly Ianto wondered what the food in this place would be like. Although he was always up for trying something new, he hoped it was nothing too weird.

The same routine in the lift. Down, left, down, right, right, down.

Ding!

"They weren't joking." Ianto commented, looking at the entrance. Everything was, actually, inside a purple transparent cube.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:37 pm

"Donna? See if you and Dad can land a table for four, yeah? Ianto and I have decided to join you two for dinner."

"Done," Donna replied, clearing her throat against another giggle. She looked over at the Doctor. "Well, then...shall we?"
Back to top Go down
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:30 pm

"Oh, that daughter of yours, Doctor...she learns quickly."

The Doctor rolled his eyes and grimaced slightly. "She's mine alright. It's all in the genes. Problem is, I'm not sure whether to be proud or scared," he confessed. "I don't remember father-hood being so confusing last time."

His thoughts were interrupted as Jenny's voice informed them they'd be dining together and Donna seemed to try not to giggle again. "Glad someone finds it amusing."

"Well, then...shall we?"

He grinned at Donna, offering his arm to Donna with his usual humour. "We shall," he stated, before alerting the lift as to their destination and stepping inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:11 pm

The lift rid was...well, a lift ride, complete with all the advertisements that had flashed before. She kept an eye on Ianto, to make sure the bright lights and flickers didn't make him ill, but otherwise enjoyed the ride. And, at the end, confused herself by trying to determine how those particular directional changes got them to the roof.

Jenny shook her head as she stepped out of the lift, and three paces later stopped in mid-stride. "Oh boy they weren't kidding." It was really purple. Transparent to translucent, and a non-violent shade, but still. Purple. "I wonder if the walls were made from part of the mountains."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:50 am

Entering The Purple Cube, The Doctor noticed Jenny and Ianto entering at almost the same time, but from the other side of the restaurant. For some reason Ianto had changed his clothes and The Doctor couldn't help but notice how his new green attire clashed rather horribly with the restaurant's decor. Valiantly ignoring this fact, he waved comically to his daughter, indicating an empty table for four that was right near the large windows that looked out onto the Ranges.

"This will do nicely," he murmured, slipping his coat onto the chair that was smooshed right into the corner between the wall and the window. He'd be sitting with his back to the view, but he's seen it before anyway. Best let the others enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:38 pm

Ianto spotted that the Doctor had spotted them, and waved, before Jenny and him reached the table the Doctor had pointed at.

"Hello. I do apologize for my horrible outfit, they didn't have clothing in any other shade than green..." Ianto said, rolling his eyes. "What a great view!" He admired, turning to Jenny. "Isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Jenny waved enthusiastically at her dad and grinned as she and Ianto wove their way through the tables to join him. It was a very comfortable-looking place, even if it was a bit purple-monochrome, and the view...the view from here managed to top that of the lounge from earlier. "Dry cleaning ate his suit, I think. It'll show up eventually though."

She picked a seat across from her dad and sat, then smiled up at Ianto.. "It's a wonderful view. Even better than seeing it from the ground." She then turned back to her dad, and gave him a quizzical look. "You've been here before, right? So...what are the walls here made of? They can't have mined them from the mountains...can they?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:25 pm

Donna actively had to will herself not to laugh at Ianto's get up. The poor man was dressed in green from head to toe and while it brought out his eyes wonderfully...green-tinged denim was comical, no matter how hard she tried to pretend it was not.

"Dry cleaning ate his suit, I think. It'll show up eventually though," Jenny explained and Donna nodded sympathetically at Ianto, however unable not to smirk.

"Well...are they at least comfortable?" she asked. She hoped so, for his sake.

Jenny went on to ask the Doctor about the walls and Donna looked around at them, also a bit curious, but unwilling to show it. She'd let Jenny and Ianto ask the questions, so that she felt like less of a novice, even though it was her first time, here, as well.
Back to top Go down
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Ianto noticed Donna was trying her best not to laugh at his sheer "greendom", and he obviously couldn't blame her. He'd laugh as well, if it were someone else.

"Well...are they at least comfortable?"

"They're not bad, thank you for asking." Ianto answered to Donna, politely, and then smiled. He turned to the Doctor, interested in his answers to Jenny's questions, as well.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:22 pm

"You've been here before, right? So...what are the walls here made of? They can't have mined them from the mountains...can they?"

The Doctor nodded. "Everything here, even the soil has some crystal content. They may have just used the rocks they dug up while building this place. Though some mining has been going on in the Crystal Ranges, but it's deep inside the mountains." The Doctor casually picked up his menu, perusing the options. "Wouldn't want to ruin the view," he added, a note of sarcastic disapproval evident in his voice.

"So what would you all like to eat? I recall there used to be a banquet...sort of a taster of their entire menu. Assuming you're all hungry."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:58 am

"They mine here? What for, it's all crystal out there." Jenny was befuddled, and it showed both in her voice and her face. "I'd have thought the natural beauty here would be worth more. But what do I know, I'm the youngest one here." She sighed as she stared out the window a bit longer, then picked up the menu to flip through it.

"Well, they do still have a taster special anyway, see, here right under the appetizers. And I'm starved."

((ooc - I thought I'd posted this last night, sorry!))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:50 pm

"The natural beauty of things is supposed to be worth more, but there's people everywhere who'll do anything for money...And sometimes beauty doesn't turn a profit." Ianto said, compassionately, rubbing Jenny's arm.

"Well, they do still have a taster special anyway, see, here right under the appetizers. And I'm starved."

Ianto was all for a taster special, it didn't matter what he'd be tasting, anymore, because he was positively starving.

"Can we have that? Let's have that." He said, smiling.
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:03 pm

"The natural beauty of things is supposed to be worth more, but there's people everywhere who'll do anything for money...And sometimes beauty doesn't turn a profit."

Donna looked over at Ianto and frowned. "Too true, that," she sighed. "Shame, isn't it?"

She looked out and, as much as she wanted to, she couldn't seem to admire the view, now, knowing that it's beauty was hollowed out. And for what? An eatery. "As bad as humans..." she muttered a little sadly.

"Can we have that? Let's have that."

Donna tore her eyes away from the scenery out the window and looked back at the Doctor. "Count me in for that, as well," she said.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:03 pm

Seeing everyone in agreement, The Doctor waved his hand for the waiter - A large humanoid in a suit of purple. "Taster special all round, thank you."

The waiter smiled politely, placed a jug of water (with some interesting purple fruit floating inside it) on the table and moved away with a "Certainly, Sir."

The Doctor then turned to answer Jenny's question. "They mine for the crystal rock. It's not only extremely pretty, but it's also durable and, assuming it is in a position to get some sunlight, provides ambient lighting as it releases the energy it stores during the day time." He shrugged and frowned.

"So," The Doctor rubbed his hands together, peering closely at Jenny across from him and then Ianto. "-what have you both been up to today?" After he asked though, he suddenly wondered if he wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:38 pm

Ianto got a wan smile - poor return for his valiant attempt at comforting her, but it was the best she could do at the moment. Well, that and take his hand afterward.

There was a pause, for the waiter to arrive and depart, and she peered at the purple fruit floating in the pitcher as her dad explained what the mining was for. "So they mine for pretty lights. Can't they come up with some other method of efficient, pretty lighting that doesn't mean tearing a great hole in the mountains?"

At least there was a new subject to talk about, though. But she most certainly was not going to tell her Dad everything she and Ianto had done! Not by a long shot! "Well, we explored the hotel a little - found this huge lounge with the best view of the mountains - did you know that when the sun hits them right, they look like solid rainbows? And after that, we went to the Game room, played a game or two, and then we decided we were hungry and here we are. What did you get up to? Other than bothering Donna?" Yes, there was a tiny grin on her face - the subject change had cheered her up enough to get in a two-for-one special on teasing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:46 pm

Donna listened to Jenny and glanced briefly at Ianto, wondering if Jenny was purposefully omitting information or if that was really the whole of what they'd done. Donna thought probably the former and smirked a little before looking away from Ianto again.

What did you get up to? Other than bothering Donna?"

Jenny was grinning.

"Oi..." Donna warned playfully.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:09 pm

The Doctor raised an eyebrow at the cheeky exchange taking place between Donna and Jenny, but chose to ignore it and concentrate on something else.

"Ah, yes the solid crystal rainbows. Only happens at certain times of day, you know. Lovely!"

The Doctor paused to pour some water in his glass, then filled the other three glasses while he was at it. He pulled one long-stemmed purple fruit out of his glass and set it aside with a small huff of dislike.

"The mining is a recent thing, I only learned about it today on the cruise I took over the mountains. Met a lovely couple, Margaret and Bilbo. They actually own a Talaxian Gardrop. Not something I'd reccommend, but anyway... where was I? Right, so according to the tour guide, and she wasn't very forthcoming with information at first, I just happened to spot a mining tunnel, they've only been mining for a few months. Apparently the hotel's business has been dropping and the owners decided to find other uses for their assets."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:12 pm

"That's horrible..." Donna breathed. "Rather than doing the environmentally safe thing and just dropping accommodation rates, they do the quick, economically sound thing and dig." She shook her head. "And you call humans the stupid apes...these guys don't sound any better than humans, in that sense," she muttered, taking a sip of her water and frowning.
Back to top Go down
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:44 pm

"Humans don't have the monopoly on stupidity... or greed for that matter." The Doctor sighed, leaning back in his seat.

His face brightened as something else caught his eye. "Ah, food's starting to come out," he stated happily!

The large, purple-suited man was heading toward them with a large tray of variously coloured and assorted entrees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:45 pm

"People would pay millions for what they mine." Ianto mused, looking at the view, still. "It's a shame."

He then turned to the Doctor, who had just announced the food was coming. "I thought whoever built a place like this, would have more spread out through the galaxy? As a franchising type of business? That way they wouldn't need the money from the mining, would they?"

Well, look at Ianto Jones, discussing alien finances. He decided to just drink his water and not say anything else. Good thing the food was arriving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   

Back to top Go down

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next