A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

Number of posts : 416
Character : Ianto Jones
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:10 pm

Ianto could see the disappointment in Jenny's eyes and it pained him, but he really did not want to cross any lines right away.

"I know you're disappointed." He might as well come out and say it. "It's got nothing to do with you, I just don't want to rush anything, you know?"

He hoped this sentiment wouldn't be lost on Jenny, since he'd just now remembered how young and not used to earth and its taboos Jenny was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ladydeadlock.livejournal.com
cassikat
cassikat

Number of posts : 212
Character : Jenny
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:26 pm

When Ianto said he didn't want to rush anything, she remembered their walk down the stairs again, and how they'd drawn it out to last as long as possible. It also cheered her up a good bit, to know he was interested but wanted to take everything slow and enjoy it more because of the delay.

Jenny nodded and smiled a bit, not quite back to her cheerful self yet but getting there. "Thanks for explaining, Ianto. It helps a lot. Now I believe we've got sixteen levels of hotel to explore - shall we continue on with it then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:34 pm

Ianto sighed in relief, that at least she wasn't mad. And she wasn't very sad, at least she wanted to keep exploring the hotel and that was a good thing. He smiled at Jenny, soon morphing the smile into a full blown grin.

"I say we try the Games zone. What do you think?" He asked, dreaming about massive multiplayer game systems, something he didn't do on earth, but wouldn't mind trying here.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:42 pm

Ianto's grin and anticipation were contagious, and she very shortly found herself grinning as well. "Games Zone...it sounds like a lot of fun, actually. Let's go find it!" Jenny took his hand in hers again, and started for the nearest sign cluster for directions. Because though it would be fun to just guess and go, they actually had a destination in mind this time, and there were games waiting to be played. Of all sorts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:53 pm

They reached the biggest games room in history in about ten minutes of walking, and Ianto couldn't believe his eyes. Arcade, computer, board games, even! That place had everything.

"Oh, wow." He managed to say, jaw dropped.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:01 pm

Ten minutes of walking brought them to the Games Room, and it was huge! All sorts of games, all over the room...it was fantastic! Jenny grinned at Ianto and waved around the room. "I've never played a game before - which one should we try first?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:15 pm

Ianto surveyed the options, but he had no idea what to say. There was just so much to choose from!

"Maybe we try that racing game over there?" He pointed to an arcade game with a pilot chair, steering wheel, gears and hand-brake. He was walking decidedly towards it, until he remembered. "We don't have any credits!"

He started walking away, with Jenny in hand.

"Excuse me, sir, madam, can I survey you on what was your reason for leaving the Games Zone?" An alien in a black suit asked, with a pad on one...hand, and a pen on the other.

"We don't have any credits." Ianto answered, deadpan.

"There is no need for credits if you are a guest, sir. This lounge is guests-only." The alien informed. Ianto nodded pleasantly at him, and grabbed Jenny's hand again.

"Thank you."
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:57 am

"Ooh, it looks like fun. And after that, we can try that one by it on the left!" The controls of that one reminded her of a simplified version of the shuttle she'd run off in so long ago, understandable since it was a game. Should be a lot of fun though...if they got to play. "...why do we need credits?"

She sighed as they walked away, more bothered than she'd thought by not being able to play. Silly restriction, that...and apparently according to the survey-taking alien, not necessary. Not here, anyway - she would have to remember that for games rooms other places though.

She gave the alien a quick smile and a wave, then squeezed Ianto's hand and grinned at him. "Let's go play!" And she made a beeline right back to that racing machine - this was going to be so much fun! He was right, to wait on other exploring - she would have hated to miss this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:22 pm

Ianto was pretty sure he'd lose. He didn't have Jenny's energy or drive, even at a simulation game she kicked anyone's arse.

This was much like driving the SUV - the unfrequent times he did drive it - but although he could manage fine without hitting the very strange vehicle on walls and other things, Jenny still got the upper hand. Where she'd learned to drive, Ianto had no idea.

"Where did you learn these moves, Jenny? You're killing my pride here!" He told her, laughing, trying hard to get ahead in the game, but knowing he'd fail anyway.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:55 pm

Ianto might be losing now, but she'd been colliding with things (and laughing about it) till she'd learned the controls. Now...well right now she had the upper hand, but that could change anytime. "Dunno, it just seems right." She grinned at him, then lost ground in the game as she had to desperately avoid a collision because she'd taken her eyes off the screen.

"Oh, that was fun!" She laughed as the car on screen spun round several times before she got it back on track. "I probably shouldn't ever do that if I ever drive a vehicle like that though, should I?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Ianto chuckled at Jenny's question.

"No, no you shouldn't!" He said. He kept on getting distracted by her, she was funny when she was having fun, Ianto supposed one came with the other where Jenny was concerned. He did remember someone who drove just like she was driving now, except in reality. Jack. Never could just drive fast, with Jack it was fast and preferably, like a maniac.

Ianto was getting hungry, and he began wondering if they should move on to the often mention dinner. He could probably use a shower, first, though, despite not having new clothes to change into afterwards.

He decided to let Jenny tell him when she wanted to do something else, it was only polite.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:41 pm

"I'll keep that in mind. Do you think I'll ever have the chance to?" She grinned as the game ended, then hugged Ianto. "That was fun!" She would have dragged him to another of the games, but at the moment her stomach was complaining about the long-term lack of food, so finding something to eat was a more sensible thing to do.

"I know we're having a lot of fun, but we should probably go get cleaned up and then explore a restaurant." What they were going to do for clean clothes after showering, she didn't know - run back to the TARDIS maybe and take advantage of the wardrobe? Or maybe the hotel rented out clothes?
They could discuss the options once they found their rooms, she decided; including the option of ordering room-service.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:50 pm

"I suppose!" He told Jenny, welcoming her hug afterwards. This was getting easier to handle.

"I know we're having a lot of fun, but we should probably go get cleaned up and then explore a restaurant."

"That's exactly what I was thinking!" Ianto told Jenny, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "I could kill for a shower, but I don't have anything else to wear..."

This sounded dirtier than he wanted it to, and Ianto blushed, looking away. He hoped Jenny wouldn't think he was taking back what he'd said before, because he absolutely wasn't.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:06 pm

"Really? Wow, that's an amazing coincidence isn't it?" Jenny giggled and tucked her arm around his waist as he wrapped his around her shoulders. "Well, we can always find out what the services on offer are...maybe they do fast dry-cleaning or rentals or something. But if they don't, Dad's got this gigantic wardrobe we can always check out. It's where I got what I'm wearing now. Though after everything I've been through today, I could really use a shower too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:13 pm

Ianto nodded, as they walked back to the main hall. Dry-cleaning was probably an included feature, how did he not think of this?

"Yeah, we'll have dry-cleaning pick up our clothes, and then bring them back when they're ready, yeah?" Ianto suggested, looking at the board to find out the location of the nearest lift. "Up and away?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:25 pm

"Sounds like a plan." She nodded in agreement and walked with him to the nearest lift. "Faster than taking the stairs." Maybe she ought to run to the TARDIS anyway, and grab that dress she'd been admiring earlier? Maybe, maybe...if Donna was awake when she finished her shower, she'd ask her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrylizard
starrylizard

Number of posts : 271
Character : The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:41 pm

"So that was how we ended up having a Talaxian Gardrop as a pet!" Margaret exclaimed, patting the Doctor's shoulder as she ended her tale. The Doctor and Margaret's husband laughed too.

"That is a great story, Margaret. I bet he keeps you busy too!"

Before Margaret could answer, the tour guide came over the loud speaker. Ladies, gentleman and other preferences, we'll be landing in two minutes. Please be seated and make sure you have all your belongings. Thanks you for flying with Calaxia Pleasure Tours. Enjoy your evening!

The Doctor stretched, making his goodbyes as the Cruiser touched down. The flight over the Crystal Ranges had been gorgeous, the company he'd found pleasant, but he would be happy to get back to the others and compare notes... tell stories. Something he'd found over the years; travelling by yourself, experiencing things that way, was never as fun as with someone.

He stepped out of the shuttle, giving a wave to Margaret and her husband. Then, with a cheeky grin, he spoke to the sticker on his hand. "Communications connection to Donna Noble," he said. A beep told him he'd been connected to the microphone of the sticker device located on Donna's hand.

"Donna!" He exclaimed, brightly. "You awake yet? Fancy some dinner?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:47 pm

Ianto walked into the lift, followed by Jenny, and he noticed at once it wasn't a usual lift. All 3 walls of it were covered in giant screens with endless commercials and moving billboards. Ianto had to shield his eyes from the bright lights.

"Hello, sir, madam. Where to?" A voice was heard, but there was nobody in the lift except for the two of them. Ianto looked up and around.

"Uhh... Rooms 45.101 and 45.102!" He said, after checking.

"Right away, sir." The voice said next, and the lift moved. What was stranger was, it didn't move directly up, it moved up and left, then up again and right, then right again, then up.

Ding!

Ianto poked his head out of the lift, then got back in, and looked at Jenny, amused. "I guess we're here!"
Back to top Go down
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:55 pm

"Donna!"

The Doctor's voice shouted right into Donna's hear from the vicinity of her hand and she jumped, gasping as she awoke.

"You awake yet? Fancy some dinner?"

"Oi! You nearly gave me a heart attack," she snapped back, yawning slightly as she sat up. "No, I wasn't, but yes, I do," she added. "And your bedside manner is less than satisfactory," she went on, smirking. "Never wake a woman by shouting at her. Take a mental note, Doctor," she advised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistojen.livejournal.com
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Jenny rolled her eyes at the streaming commercials and other advertisments, their brightness not bothering her eyes, just mostly annoying her. "Well, they certainly want us to know that there's a lot to buy and do here....ooh! Hiking and skiing! If we're here long enough, we should sign up for one of those trips!" There was also a midnight flight being advertised behind Ianto, but she didn't draw his attention to it. It wouldn't be fair to him to make him stay up that late; but if things stayed quiet, maybe her dad would be interested...

She took her attention off the wall behind Ianto and faced forward again, just in time for the lift to ding and the doors to open. "Yep, suppose so. Very efficient lift system."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladydeadlock
ladydeadlock

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:59 pm

The corridor was the most enormous corridor Ianto had ever seen in his whole life. It extended as far as he could see, and those were all rooms, all taken, probably, too.

However, they didn't have to walk too much. The lift had calculated the closest route to their rooms, and they were simply ten rooms away.

"Wonderful. Shall we?" He asked, holding out his arm.
Back to top Go down
cassikat
cassikat

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:05 pm

Really brilliant lift - it had deposited them about ten rooms away from theirs. Which meant about ten rooms away from Donna's and Dad's too. Very convenient for girl-talk with Donna, definitely. "Ooh, it's a clever lift too. Enough to make you forgive it for the commercials?" She grinned up at Ianto, then took his arm with a flourish. "Let's shall!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:08 pm

"Oi! You nearly gave me a heart attack. No, I wasn't, but yes, I do," she added. "And your bedside manner is less than satisfactory. Never wake a woman by shouting at her. Take a mental note, Doctor."

"Alright, note taken, Donna," The Doctor replied cheerily as he stepped into the elevator. "Ooh there's a Midnight tour," he commented absently, as he told the lift where to go. The lift dinged brightly as he stepped out and into a long corridor, walking down it's length toward Donna's room door.

"I'll pick you up from the rooms and we can find somewhere nice. Do you suppose Jenny and Ianto would join us?" He was already knocking on her door as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistojen
Admin
mistojen

Number of posts : 449
Character : Donna Noble

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Rather than speak into the back of her own hand, Donna climbed out of the bed and crossed the room as soon as she heard the Doctor knocking. "Maybe...if they haven't got plans to have dinner on their own," she said with a smirk as she opened the door.

"What's a Midnight tour?" she asked as she stepped aside to let the Doctor in. She had no intention of being seen in public with sleep hair. "I heard you say something about a Midnight tour...although I think you were probably babbling more to yourself than to me; you tend to do that sometimes," she added, laughing a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistojen.livejournal.com
starrylizard
starrylizard

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:26 pm

"I've been told that! Can't seem to help myself though. Habit and all."

The Doctor stepped inside the room, spinning a nearby chair around to seat himself backwards, arms crossed comfortably over the chair back.

"The Midnight tour of the Calaxian Crystal Ranges. The crystal absorbs energy from the binary suns all day, then at night it glows as it releases it... and it sings! It's really quite beautiful! I bet Jenny would like it too." He grinned at Donna. "And Ianto could come if he wants to," he added somewhat grudgingly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]   

Back to top Go down

Short Drops and Sudden Stops [Continued...]
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next