A Doctor Who & Torchwood RPG forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

Number of posts : 47
Character : Capt. John Hart
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:08 pm

"No, shouldn't do. It's quite weak. Well very weak compared to where I come from but, still weak for here." He smiled at her, she was warming up.

"Not that noticeable really were you, took me a while." He listened to her question. "Traveling through time and space doing what the time agency told us to, most of us became con men and women on the side a bit, see they don't really punish or limit you as long as you get their jobs done. And they had some dirty jobs. But thats over now, it's all gone, so I'm very much freelance." he smiled, the barkeeper should be back soon. "And don't worry, Cardiff is full of aliens." He smiled, taking another drink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms.pheromone
ms.pheromone

Number of posts : 61
Character : Moraninadar Isnyeldendon Radatturachach (aka Angelina Lohan)
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Angelina nodded, and took a sip off the drink, fearfully. It tickled, but not as much, the man was right.

"Am I doing it right, then? I'm worried, I slip up so many times...It's a lot to remember, this culture." She listened to him talking about the time agency, nodding despite only really understanding about half of what he was saying. Long story short - she had to summarize things in her head for better understanding - he used to work for the Time Agency, doesn't anymore.

"And don't worry, Cardiff is full of aliens."

"What? Seriously?" She asked, incredulously, saying this last word louder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:30 pm

"Your doing fine, just try not to panic, or shout when you don't understand something.. keep it cool." He smiled to her, with a quick wink.

"There's a fair few, not overflowing, but more then the earth authorities would expect." He smiled, watching her reactions to both news and drink, hell tonight was going to be a cracker. He held up a shot glass to her. "Cheers." Whilst downing it he couldn't help but notice the world was starting to get a little fuzzy round the edges, he really ought to count his drinks. He took a small bottle out his pocket and drank a bit, just to brighten the colors up in here, and make life a bit more fun. He was feeling very happy all of a sudden, even at the prospect of losing his boots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms.pheromone
ms.pheromone

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:38 pm

"Right, I'm sorry." She said, calming herself down a bit, sipping on the rum again. It was beginning to taste good. The man took another bottle from his jacket, it seemed he had drinks coming from everywhere. Angelina had been briefed on the effects of alcohol in humans, but she had no idea it affected other humanoids as much. Would it affect her, as well? She stared at her drink, frowning.

"I, uh...I'm from Athirdynqua, originally. Not from this century, either. It's all a bit fuzzy in my head, but everyone else seems to understand it..." She told the man, shrugging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:41 pm

"Thats far off, that is." He smiled at her with a wink. "Don't worry, I know the feeling.."

He looked around him, and in mock secrecy. "I'm from the 51st century, round this planet somewhere, never really paid attention to history though..." he winked again, taking another shot, good he loved this drink, and the song that was playing, and how all the colors seemed brighter, and everything was a damn bit happier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms.pheromone
ms.pheromone

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:44 pm

When the man said 51st century, Angelina tried to do some math. Apparently, she, too, was from that time.

"I was born in 5005, as well." She said with a smile. Could this finally mean she was connecting to a human being? Finally? It wasn't her job to, but she couldn't help feeling lonely most of the time, because every human she knew already had a life before she'd come along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

Number of posts : 515
Character : Lynne Masters

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:46 pm

As soon as she was relieved for a break, Lynne headed back to the man's table. "All right," she said, pulling out the vacated chair on the other side of him and swinging it around backward, sitting down and leaning forward over the back of it.

"I've got fifteen minutes. Deal 'em up," she said purposefully as she pulled out her pack of cigarettes and extracted one, settling it between her lips as she pocketed the pack again and groped around her pockets for her lighter.

"Let's see whatcha got, chief," she added.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:57 pm

He fished out his own lighter for her offering her a light.

"What we playing for, as well as my boots I mean." he slurred it slightly, he liked to think it was an act, but he wasn't quite so sure anymore. He took another shot, telling himself it was to steady him a little.

He pulled his boots off, putting them on the table. Giving her a wink as he shuffled the cards. "Good boots those, worth loads."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:03 pm

Lynne leaned forward and let him light her cigarette. Taking the first drag and letting it out without inhaling, she immediately dragged on the cigarette again, closing her eyes as she enjoyed the nicotine rush before letting it out in a thin stream of blue-gray smoke. "Thanks."

"What we playing for, as well as my boots I mean."

Shrugging, Lynne leaned back in the chair a little, sitting up straight again. "You tell me," she said with a quirk of her eyebrows. If this guy thought he was going to intimidate her with his smug attitude, he had another thing coming.

"I'm Lynne, by the way," she offered. She looked over at the other woman. "You gonna play, too?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms.pheromone
ms.pheromone

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 pm

"I'm Angelina." She told the woman called Lynne, with a smile. This time, she decided not to make any hand gestures, just nod. "I don't know how to play, I'll just watch, thanks." She answered, keeping the smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:11 pm

"Cash it is then Lynne."

He smiled and gave her a wink.

"Captain John Hart, welcome to the table." It then struck him he didn't know the other ladies name, and could not introduce her. He listened to her introduce herself and decided she was dealing with this well.

He split the cards dealt, mind hazy with drink now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:22 pm

"Nice to meet ya, Angelina," Lynne said with a smile.

"Cash it is then Lynne."

Lynne nodded. She'd made some pretty decent tips tonight; she'd just be careful not to bet too much too soon. "All right, then," she agreed.

When he dealt, Lynne picked each card up as it came to her and organized her hand. Not the best, but certainly not a bum deal, either. She kept her face straight and drawn as she dragged on her cigarette and paused to consider her wager.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:56 pm

It was nearly fifteen minutes later when he decided it was time to cut and run. He had a great deal of the cash on the table in his possession, but she however had his damn boots, and he had been unable to restore them to himself without losing them in the next hand. He smiled to her.

"I'm out and all done now love." He would never admit to the small wrist strap assisted 51st hustles he'd used on her, which helped him deal and change cards to his advantage, but well, that wasn't his problem, and he still hadn't got the boots back.

"Can I get you ladies that drink now?" He said, motioning to the clock, it was quarter past eleven, "because beautiful girls shouldn't be going thirsty, it's ot right." He was stumbling through a slight haze, the drinks had finally caught up with him. It took him all day to get pissed in this century. He had downed his last shot and was now motioning at a barkeeper for another load.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:05 pm

Lynne smirked. "Look, I don't actually want your boots, man. I just wanted to show you I could win 'em," she replied. "I'll trade you your boots for my cash, if you want, or I can sell 'em on Ebay, whatever..." she added, standing and turning the chair to face in the correct direction, before pushing it in. "Your call. I don't always have to play for keeps."

"Can I get you ladies that drink now?"

She looked over at Angelina, who hadn't said much during their game, and then looked back at the man. "I don't let strangers buy me drinks. Bad luck," she said with a wink. "And I have to get back behind the bar, anyway, but thanks for the game."

Lynne held out a hand for him to shake. She was calling a truce and hoping that he'd just settle his behavior a bit, for her efforts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms.pheromone
ms.pheromone

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm

Angelina spent a good five minutes staring deeply at the deck of cards on the table after Lynne and Captain John had finished playing. Her eyes were sort of boggled, much like her mind. Clearly, she hadn't understood the game at all, and when Captain John asked about buying them a drink, she still couldn't quite answer.

"I don't let strangers buy me drinks. Bad luck,"

Angelina shifted her boggled look at Lynne now.

"But, you've met him, he's right here, he introduced himself. How is he a stranger?" She asked with a very deep, very concerned voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockinthehd
rockinthehd

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:16 pm

Lynne looked away from John and back at Angelina, raising her eyebrows. "I just..." she paused and furrowed her brow. "What?"

Yeah, he'd introduced himself...sure. But, Lynne had known John a whopping twenty minutes, at most. How could he not be a stranger? Europeans...she would never understand them. "I have to...go back to work now," she said awkwardly, giving Angelina a smile and then nodding at John. "Let me know what you decide," she added before turning her back and heading toward the bar again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:19 pm

"Trade." He flashed her a dazzling smile. "I'd rather not walk home with my bare tootsies." He lifted his feet up to prove a point, showing well worn and holey socks. He pushed the cash over. "Shame, next time we could play strip.."

He smiled and shook her hand as she left the table. "Shame, 'cos this stranger wants to buy you more drinks.." He turned back to Angelina, "Want anything?" He laughed at Angelina's response, and decided to leave the ladies to sort it themselves, what was he an inter-species
babysitter?

He crossed to the bar, leaving a generous tip to Lynnes end, collecting his shots, slapping the cash down. He found himself exchanging quiet but meaningful words with another bar keeper. He smiled to a nearby lady.

"Fancy a drink?" He grinned at her, waving his hand towards the bar.

"I'm here with my boyfriend mate." She replied smartly, patting a muscly are next to her.

He shrugged. "He can join in if he likes..." He smiled at her again, deadly serious. The man turned and gave him an earful. He shuddered. "Euggh... heterosexuals. Disgusting." He turned and walked away with his drinks. "Frigid bitter century."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms.pheromone
ms.pheromone

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:33 pm

"Uhm..." Angelina was about to answer "yes" when John stood up and walked away, leaving her extremely confused - again. She looked at Lynne, shrugging. "I guess I'll have another one of these-" she pointed at the rum&coke "-and I guess he's buying. I'll let you know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:45 pm

He brought his handfuls of drinks back, along with a red bull and a rum and coke, to be safe he'd got both over.

"I'm drinking up quick lovelies. I get the feeling I'm not going to be welcome here much longer..." He motioned over his shoulder towards the big guy who was animatedly talking to his mates and pointing John out.

He say down, re-belting his sword and scabbard, didn't want any accidents now. He ponded briefly on how weird it was that 21st century humans didn't seem to notice weapons until they were pointed out. Then it was all screaming and running..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ms.pheromone
ms.pheromone

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:06 pm

Angelina looked over at where John had been, and noticed, too, the man talking and pointing. She looked at the table, filled with drinks.

"Did you still all those drinks from them?" She asked, taking her own rum&coke regardless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PoodlesPerfect
PoodlesPerfect

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:32 pm

"No." He looked over to the men who appeared to be gearing up a bit. "They don't seem to share my sexual freedom, and don't agree with some of my prefrences." He said, taking a shot, hoping it wouldn't come to violence, it would end badly for the poor man, and well his girlfriend was quite a looker...

"I was being polite... offered her a drink, she said she had a boyfriend..." He smiled innocently to the ladies. "And said I said he could join in if he liked..." He rolled his eyes. "And well, he got all offended, no reason really." He looked around him.

"This is like a sexual dark ages... pretty lights though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)   

Back to top Go down

Little Drop of Poison (Open. Come one come all)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2